Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hachikō ハチ公

Last year, I've heard from my mum that there's a movie of a dog that based in a true story. I waited, and forgotten all about it. Until just this month, I questioned my mum - where's the show about the dog that you told me about? That what what waited at the railway station and waited for his master to returned, but he was actually passed away?

Mum told me that is still not in the cinema yet.

So, the next day I have lunch with my colleague and I bring up this movie to them whether they know anything about this movie or not. And yea, even they watched it too. I was sad. I wish to watch at cinema, but never know I missed the chance out.

On that very night, surprisingly Gavin watched it via online in youtube. I asked him to send me the URL so I could watch it too. And he did.
(anyone who wished to watch it via youtube, here's the link Hachiko. You can continue to watch it by clicking the side of the bar - part by part))

That very night, I told my mum that the show was actually shown in 2009. Only my mum told me that it's on cinema but it's international screen. I was freaking happy! And asked my friends whether they would like to watch with me and cry together with me inside the cinema? And yes, we actually watch it at cinema @ MidValley.



This is a MUST TO WATCH movie! Though the timeline was just 1hr and 30minutes, and everything it shown was moving pretty fast forward, but if you watch it after you read the news of the wikipedia..you will know - how Hachi really have been waited for his master to return back from work - for 9years at the Syibuya station!

Truly, I cried. I sobbed, I sniffed and really, tears role down...


Richard Gere (the actor)

Luckily, I did prepared my tissue.

From Wikipedia


Hachiko
'hachi' meaning 'eight', a number referring to the dog's birth order in the litter,
and 'kō,' meaning prince

In 1924, Hidesaburo Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo took in Hachikō as a pet. During his owner's life Hachikō greeted him at the end of the day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage and died, never returning to the train station where his friend was waiting. Every day for the next nine years Hachikō waited at Shibuya station.

Hachikō was given away after his master's death, but he routinely escaped, returning again and again to his old home. Eventually, Hachikō apparently realized that Professor Ueno no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachikō waited for the return of his owner.

The permanent fixture at the train station that was Hachikō attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachikō and Professor Ueno together each day. They brought Hachikō treats and food to nourish him during his wait.

This continued for nine years with Hachikō appearing precisely when the train was due at the station.

Hachikō died on March 8, 1935 and was found on a street in Shibuya. His heart was infected with filarial worms and 3-4 Yakitori sticks were found in his stomach.

His stuffed and mounted remains are kept at the National Science Museum of Japan in Ueno, Tokyo.

Each year on April 8, Hachikō's devotion is honored with a solemn ceremony of remembrance at Tokyo's Shibuya railroad station. Hundreds of dog lovers often turn out to honor his memory and loyalty.


Here I find the pictures of the statue and at the Museum too


April 1934, a bronze statue in his likeness was erected at Shibuya Station


The preserved body of Hachikō

After the movie was ended, I told myself that I need to save money in order to go Japan to see Hachiko. Hopefully can go there on the 8th of April or maybe 8th of March. That is the day where he was devoted.

Ahhh...really really need to save hard!! Heard news that - going to Japan, you need to have savings about RM8,000. Wondering, where the hell I'm going to have that money??

0 comments: