Saturday, June 5, 2010

Interview

I did promised myself that I will be leaving my current agency now and seek for another new environment and learnings.

Telling the truth, not only me who wanted to leave. But the whole team. Kelvin, Chen Yee and Wayne already left the company. The most bising and eaters...left. Making the whole creative looks dead and bored.

LIFELESS

yet, busy all the time. *duh~

At the very beginning stage, I was quite lazy to do my portfolio. (I dislike doing portfolio, cause it takes time. The thing you need to select the BEST of ALL)

Anyway..finally...I did it! I did afew of it..and send out my resume which cum together with some of my portfolio.

Just yesterday I sent, the next day I received a call. (Actually, I already sent to 4 Agencies. But just one called me up) I thought, might be nobody wanted to call me, cause my xpected salary is abit high. But, well, I dont care la. If they want, they just call. If don't want and can't afford to give what I expected, then better don't call.

-wa cheh. hern lan ci lan yong jiang-

I worked late yesterday night. Left company at 2.30am. Reach home and seat infront of the computer, 3am ++ Was actually kinda dizzy and tired. But still, I need to come out with some more portfolio. (the one I send to agency...just got 10slides only.) That's why...I continue to do my portfolio till 5.30am. My interview was at 11am and I was forced to wake up at 8.45am, since I urge to take a cab to KL. (Pergi Balik, each cost my RM18!! Total is RM36. OMG!!)

And..my portfolio..look very damn simple....lolx.


4 colors represent
Red: Teabreak Blue: Maxiimpact Brown: Freelance Grey: Visual that did from me and I like it alot!!


Code Red


Code Blue


Code Brown


Code Grey


Code Grey

Anyway...

As reviewed. One of the agency called me! Is D Plus M Creative. I pretty like their website. But what I know is they are pretty strong in architecture, and design is just the supporting part. But since they needed Sen. G.D, then I just tried my luck.

And..yea! Luck came. Though, is just an interview...but am so HAPPIEE...I just LOVE when agency called me for an interview.

The gal that called me, told me that the submittion for the application was actually closed. But since, I sent my resume and portfolio, they intend that I got the potential working together with them and asked me to come for the interview immediately (the next day after the call) as her boss have to go singapore the next day too.

So, I went there - Today.

And..I like the environment. Very classy. Really into agency. But - because they are more on architecture things, so they can make their agency as a boutique style. Director's room was pretty nice too. And both directors was actually 34yrs old and they aint asean. They are western english style.

Director Mark - a pleasant guy. He says:
- Can Facebook, MSN, Skype...but just manage your time. Because I wont be stopping anyone who play Facebook as I know, sometimes, we need to relax abit.
- Time: 10am-7pm, but depending on the work scope. Usually will work till 9 or 10pm. But if worked after 1am, the next day can come in at after lunch time.
- Twenty-One is their main baby. D Plus M started Twenty-One, from nothing to everything. From the base, the client wants to open the bar, but dont have the idea and there's no name either. So, D Plus M started everything and open up the flow. Even the website was did by D Plus M too.
- He would also prefer if someone can brainstorming and come up concept with him together. And yet, can manage the creative team as now..there is no art director, expect for him, where he cums with Art Director, Creative Director, and Architecture.
- My expected salary (so far, he didnt mention about it...so I just make it as no problem)..asked me whether am I okay to go on JR.A.D. instead of S.G.D. (But I told him, I would preferable to maintain my position for the time being...until, if he sees I'm okay with my job scope and everything, den he can do whatever he likes).

But..finally...is the starting point of work. As I need ONE MONTH notice. In both of his hands, he actually targeted 2 guys that came for an interview before me. They received 200 resumes. 9 was choosen. But 2 is qualified. Since, I just entered up myself...they counted me inside as 3 peeps.

He even told me, that..for me..he wont be calling me for the 2nd interview (phew...cox, I dont have time to travel down to KL due to my tight working hours) cause today, we already speaks out everything. Just for the other 2guys, he might just call them for the 2nd interview if he wants them. Depends.

But anyway, ...for the time being. I just wait. He said, he will think about me 1st. Cause 1mth is quite long for them to wait. I did told the director that I can't leave my current agency now and it's definately not right. Well..let's see then..

**I just hope I can get the job...though I might go through alot of jams in the morning..but I really hope to work with them...totally new things for what I did for my past 5years.

After everything.....plssssss....help me pray that they give me a good news next coming monday..... ^^

0 comments: